If you would like to be part of on form 22, please read the following guidelines carefully, before filling in the questionnaire below.
Our deadline for applications will be 8 September 2021.
- on form 22 will take place from 12 June to 10 July 2022.
- We only show work carved in stone.
- We will select between 20 and 40 sculptors.
- We like to show at least 3, usually 5-10 pieces from each sculptor. This can be a combination of outdoor and indoor work but, if possible, we like each sculptor to show at least one substantial outdoor piece.
- Installation will take place during April and May 2022. You must be available to install your works during this period.
- We encourage our visitors to touch the work gently. Any work which cannot be touched, or is not stable, is not suitable for inclusion.
- We have public liability insurance, but we do not insure work for theft or damage. That is the responsibility of the artist.
- We do not provide plinths.
- In most cases, we do not pay for transportation of sculpture.
- We prepare a shortlist and visit as many studios as possible before making our selection. We will try to contact each applicant in person, but we are not always able to. If you have not heard from us by the end of October 2021, we will not be visiting your studio and you will not be in the exhibition.
- We will announce our final list by the end of November, or earlier if we possibly can.
- We expect artists to be present for a few days during the exhibition, and to help out in various ways, which could include informal talks to visitors, demonstrating or teaching, or helping out at the front desk. We are very flexible and on form is known for its inclusive and friendly atmosphere.
- Please note that if you will be under 35 on 01/01/22, you are eligible for our on form bursary, intended to help an artist new to working in stone make a significant step forward in their career.
If all of the above is agreeable, please read on:
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete our application questionnaire below and send it, along with relevant images, to [email protected]
Please send images as separate JPEGs, not as part of a document. Make sure they are named and labelled with dimensions and type of stone.
The images can be photographs of past work or of work in progress, or they can be drawings of intended future work. If you would like to send us a maquette, please say so. However, we do not at this stage need to know precisely what you are proposing, just the general tenor of your work, along with any new directions you would like to take.
We do not accept hard copy applications. Nothing by post, please.
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.